Exhibitors will have lots for you to do:
- investigate mystery boxes with Hidden Valley Camp
- “fish” with the Army Corps of Engineers
- remodel a watershed with Friends of The Kaw
- peek inside bluebird boxes with the Kaw Valley Bluebird Association
- learn about the illegal trade in wild animals from the Topeka Zoo
- build kits with Home Depot
- learn about our local wetland with the Baker Wetlands Discovery Center
- get up close to wild birds with Prairie Park Nature Center
-There’s more, but no more room here!
Kaw Valley Eagles Day
January 18, 2020
8:30 a.m. — 4 p.m.
Free State High School
Come one! Come all!
We're celebrating the eagles' return!
The annual Kaw Valley Eagles Day, sponsored by the Jayhawk Audubon Society, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and Unified School District 497, will be held Jan. 18, 2020, in Lawrence, Kansas. With the support of our sponsors, we will celebrate the return of bald eagles to area lakes and rivers. There will be live bald and golden eagles and other wild critters to help us appreciate the return of these glorious animals.
It’s an event for the whole family, featuring lots of hands-on educational and fun activities for kids, including guided field trips to see eagles in the wild. Best of all, it's FREE!
EAGLE-VIEWING FIELD TRIPS: 10:30 & 1:15
Free bus rides for field trips available.
First come, first serve
Follow in your own car if you prefer.
Dress for the weather!
Live Eagles and Raptors -- Marty Burrell
9:30-10:15 and 3:00-3:45
Kansas Nesting Bald Eagles -- Mike Watkins
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Many, many thanks to our generous sponsors for supporting this gift of a day
of fun and conservation education to our community: US Army Corps of Engineers, Jayhawk Audubon Society, Lawrence Public Schools USD 497, Chickadee Checkoff, Home Depot, ICL Performance Products, City of Lawrence Public Works.